Why Working Out In The Morning Doesn't Give Me "Morning Glory"

No, I don't mean it like that, you dirty-minded thing, you;)

So what am I talking about when I say no "morning glory" for me?

Well, I'll tell you in a second. But it's to do with a question I get asked quite a bit. Here it is:

"What's the best time to workout?"

You see, you get so many "gurus" giving you totally different answers. All backed up by varying levels of accurate science. Though it has to be said, the most common answer I see is, "In the morning".

نتيجة بحث الصور عن ‪Why Working Out In The Morning Doesn't Give Me "Morning Glory"‬‏Reasons for this tend to include:

* It wakes you up properly.

* It's easier to get in a routine of working out when you do it in the morning before work. After all, it's mentally tougher to do it after a long day when you might be physically and mentally drained.

* You get an endorphin boost first thing (the brain's "feel-good" chemicals) so you feel good throughout the entire day.

* It often helps you sleep better that night, whereas evening workouts tend to keep you awake.

* And many more reasons...

Anyway, I gotta say, these are all generally very good points.

But here's the thing:

(And this is where my lack of "morning glory" comes into play... )

When I work out first thing in the morning, I just don't get anywhere near as good an endorphin rush compared to when I work out at, say, lunch time

In other words, I don't get the same "buzz". I don't get the same feeling of "glory".

And I used to train with my brother at the gym (before I started doing home workouts). And guess what? He hated morning workouts. But loved late night workouts. And, yes, he could sleep like a log after... Which I couldn't if I worked out that late.

So do you see where I'm heading with this?

Can you guess what the moral of the story is?

Can you guess what time I'm gonna recommend YOU workout?

Yep, you got it...

You should workout whenever suits you best.

As Sergei the meerkat would say: "Simples".

Ultimately, if you can workout in the morning and you enjoy it, then I would recommend it. Simply because there's a decent amount of scientific evidence that it's a good time to workout (for the reasons we covered).

But if you're too rushed in the mornings, or if you're like me and you don't enjoy it as much as working out a little later, then do your workout whenever suits you best.

In the grand scheme of things, when you workout is gonna have literally zero impact on your results.

Just making sure you actually do your workouts is the only thing that counts.

Though I have to say this:

If you want to make working out easier and more fun... as well as taking up a lot less time, then you should start working out at home.

Home workouts are great!

The best thing about working out at home is that you don't have to worry about rushing to the gym before or after work.

Say you want to workout in the morning, then all you've gotta do is get out of bed, whack on some shorts and a t shirt, and you're ready to start.

Same with if you workout after work. You don't have to worry about wasting your evening away in the gym. You can get home and straight away smash through your workout.

Then you're done.

And if you use the workout protocol I recommend, then you'll finish your workouts in 20-minutes max. Yes, it will be tough. Yes, you will sweat a bit. But, yes, you will get fantastic weight loss and toning results without having to waste hours of your day in the gym.

To find out more about this protocol, and to get your FREE kick-start program today, go to:

http://www.ExecutiveFitCoach.com

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Tom_Andrews/2298168

No comments:

Post a Comment